While Thailand’s Koh Samui is a picturesque island from top to toe, we’re especially big fans of its west coast. Not only is the setting entirely tranquil, it also offers spectacular views to the famous “Five Islands” and Ang Thong National Marine Park.
Amidst all of this is the InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort, which, as far as exotic havens for couples go, pretty much takes the cake. We’re not the only ones who think so: the property has been named in the World Travel Awards (WTA) as Asia’s Most Romantic Resort, and ranked in the New York Times bestseller 1000 Places to See Before You Die for those aforementioned views, visible from almost every room, suite and villa on the property, in addition to the signature Air Bar and restaurants.
Koh Samui calling
From now until 31 July 2017, couples looking to get away can take advantage of a special Romantic Escape package at the resort, whether it’s to celebrate a honeymoon, an anniversary or another special occasion, or simply to enjoy the serenity of the idyllic surroundings. Here are just a few things that caught our eye about this deal:
- The package is flexible, allowing you to choose your preferred accommodation from the 79 rooms, suites and villas spread across the resort’s 22 lush acres. Our recommendation? Super-luxe Club Beachfront Pool Villas are located just steps from the shoreline, with well-equipped living areas, expansive bathrooms and their own private sundeck and swimming pool.
- You’ll arrive in style at the InterContinental, not only because the views from the lobby will immediately take your breath away, but because you’ll find a special flower arrangement set up in your accommodation. Then you can sidle over to the Air Bar for two complimentary sunset cocktails of your choice, where you’ll clink glasses and wonder why you didn’t do this earlier.
- Food and love go hand in hand, of course, and you’ll be well catered for in this regard. We like, for instance, that the free daily breakfast can be enjoyed either at Amber restaurant or in the comfort of your villa. By the way, the resort runs a Thai Cuisine & Cooking School, so you can book a class and have fun learning how to prepare some local specialties together.
- Speaking of food and love, for added wow factor the package includes a romantic candlelit dinner for two. This can be enjoyed at your choice of location – on the resort pier or on the beach. This special occasion allows couples a rare dining experience where the focus can be solely on one another.
- Nothing sets a romantic mood like a massage for two, and the Romantic Escape package includes a 60-minute couple’s Therapeutic Body Massage at the resort’s Beach Sala. There’s also a romantic spa bath arranged in your accommodation for each night of your stay.
- We would understand if you barely left your room on a stay like this, but those who are keen to add a bit of adventure to their getaway can, for an additional charge, arrange a personal visit to the nearby Ang Thong National Marine Park. You’ll be whisked away by the resort’s own signature’s speedboat to discover some of the 42 islands of the park, with their dazzling white beaches, limestone cliffs, waterfalls and more.
- Obviously this setting is ideal for a romantic proposal, and the resort can help you plan a surprise. For example, during your private dinner, a butler can bring the ring in a glass of champagne or on top of a dessert. The team can also customise a proposal bouquet, and when it’s time to go you’ll find a bubble-bath tub, candles and champagne set up in the guestroom to complete the perfect surprise.
Everything you need to know:
The Romantic Escape package at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort starts from THB 25,000 (approximately S$1,010) per room per night based on two people sharing a Club Beachfront Pool Villa. It includes all the extras we’ve mentioned above (plus free Wi-Fi throughout the resort), and is available for stays of three nights and more, from now until 31 July 2017. Phone or email to book your Koh Samui escape, or, for more info on this and other offers, visit the website.
Keen for more travel ideas?