Sun-dried Tomato And Cheese Bread
Makes one loaf
Preparation time: 21 hours
Baking time: 25 minutes
• 350g bread flour
• 50ml olive oil
• 150g plain flour
• 160ml milk
• 8g salt
• 1 cup grated mozzarella
• 10g yeast
• 11 tbsp tomato puree
• 4g rosemary, dried
• 8 pieces sundried tomato
• 160ml cold water
• sea salt
• Mix first five ingredients in a basin. Make a well in the centre.
• Pour in the cold water and milk. Mix to form a rough dough.
• Knead in 40ml of the olive oil and continue to knead until dough is elastic. Form dough into a ball.
• Put kneaded dough in a floured basin, and cover with a piece of cloth or plastic.
Rest dough in a cool room for 1 to 11 hours until it has almost doubled in size.
• Punch down risen dough, and cut into three equal parts.
• Mould or shape dough into one ball, cover and let rest for 20 minutes.
• Flatten the dough with your palm and roll it out into a rectangle, about an inch thick.
• Smear tomato puree on the rectangle, leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle the sun-dried tomato
(in 1cm-thick slices) and the grated mozzarella cheese evenly onto the rectangle.
Roll up the bread (like a Swiss roll) and pinch the ends. Transfer it onto a greased tray and cover
with a plastic sheet. Rest bread roll for 10 minutes only.
• Pre-heat oven to 230-240°C.
• Lightly smear 1 tbsp olive oil on the bread. Sprinkle some rosemary and sea salt on top and
bake bread for 20-25 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Cedele, www.cedeledepot.com