Roast Duck with Vanilla and Pineapple Jam
• 2.5kg oven-ready duck
• 2g salt
• 3g black pepper
• 100g unsalted butter
• 10ml olive oil
• 250ml chicken stock
• 200g Shangri-La Singapore’s pineapple and ginger jam
• 100g watercress
• 500g bak choy
1. Season the duck with salt and black pepper.
2. Put the butter and oil in a deep roasting tray and place over low heat.
3. Once the butter has melted, put the duck in the tray and gently brown all over for about 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Place in the oven at 200°C for 30 to 45 minutes.
5. When finished roasting, remove the duck from the tray and set aside.
6. Pour out the excess oil and return the tray to the stovetop over low heat.
7. Add chicken stock to the tray and reduce by half.
8. Add the jam and stir well until melted.
9. Return the duck to the tray and put back in the oven at 200°C for another 10 minutes or until the jam glazes.
10. While in the oven, keep spooning the jam over the duck every two to three minutes to get a good flavour.
11. Garnish with watercress and sautéed bak choy before serving.
Recipe courtesy of the Shangri-La Singapore.
Want more delicious recipes? Click here