In case you’re stuck in a recipe rut, here’s a fail-safe favourite to add to your repertoire this month. Try making this delicious and healthy salad. Happy cooking and eating!
From: Tiffany Maughan of Shopping at Tiffany’s, Australian
“This recipe is super easy and quick to throw together. It’s healthy and full of flavour – perfect for Singapore lunches!”
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 red chilli, deseeded
- 100g rocket leaves
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, crushed
- Chop the mango and avocado into small cubes.
- Make the dressing by mixing together the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, mustard and sliced chilli in a small bowl.
- Put the rocket in a large salad bowl; add the mango and avocado, then the dressing. Gently toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with macadamia nuts to serve.
We have loads more great recipes and dinner party inspiration!
This article first appeared in the Feburary 2017 edition of Expat Living Singapore. Subscribe now!