Ingredients (serves four)
4 x 150g lamb backstrap
2 x 400g tins of lentils, drained and rinsed well
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 red onion, diced
80g feta, crumbled
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground cloves
1 garlic clove, crushed
• Lightly season the lamb backstrap with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
• Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
Pan-fry backstraps for 3-5 minutes on each side, to cook as desired.
• Meanwhile, mix lentils, cherry tomatoes, onion, spices and garlic in a bowl.
Splash with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and season to taste. Mix again.
• Remove backstraps from pan and cover loosely with aluminium foil.
• Divide lentil salad amongst plates and crumble feta on top. Slice backstraps and place over salad.
• Serve immediately with crusty bread.
Recipe courtesy of The Butcher.