The team at Expat Kitchen have given us another great recipe, this one is for delicious Greek for beef souvlaki lettuce cups!
• 1 small iceberg lettuce, cored, separated and cut into cups
• 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
• 1 red pepper, cored and chopped
• 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
• 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, seeded and chopped
• 1 teaspoon dry oregano leaves
• Juice from half a lemon
• 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 500g beef strips
• 200g store-bought tzatziki
• Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Chill the lettuce cups for 10 minutes or until crisp.
2. Place the tomato, red pepper, onion, cucumber and oregano in a bowl. Add the lemon juice and half of the oil, then season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
3. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook the beef in batches for one to two minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper and a dash of oregano.
4. Divide the beef among lettuce cups. Top with tomato salad and a dollop of tzatziki.
#02-01, 9 Norris Road 6299 4221 | expat-kitchen.com
Like this? Read more at our wine and dine section
10 romantic restaurants you must try
7 unforgettable Japanese restaurants
This article first appeared in the February 2018 edition of Expat Living. You can purchase a copy or subscribe so you never miss an issue!