The team at Expat Kitchen have given us another great recipe, this one is for delicious Greek for beef souvlaki lettuce cups!
• 1 small iceberg lettuce, cored, separated and cut into cups
• 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
• 1 red pepper, cored and chopped
• 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
• 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, seeded and chopped
• 1 teaspoon dry oregano leaves
• Juice from half a lemon
• 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 500g beef strips
• 200g store-bought tzatziki
• Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Chill the lettuce cups for 10 minutes or until crisp.
2. Place the tomato, red pepper, onion, cucumber and oregano in a bowl. Add the lemon juice and half of the oil, then season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
3. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook the beef in batches for one to two minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper and a dash of oregano.
4. Divide the beef among lettuce cups. Top with tomato salad and a dollop of tzatziki.
Like this? Read more at our wine and dine section
Get the latest events, stories and special offers
sent to your inbox.
By signing up, you'll receive our weekly newsletters and offers, which you can unsubscribe to anytime.