Chocolate and Whisky Cheesecake
Made in an 8-inch cheesecake mould
300g 70% dark chocolate
1 vanilla pod
1 cup double cream
6 whole eggs
100g caster sugar
¾ of a pack of digestive biscuits
• Lightly brush the inside of the cheesecake mould with some melted butter, to stop the mixture sticking.
• Place the digestive biscuits and oats in a food processor and blend until fine. Then melt the butter and
add it to the biscuit mix. Pat the mixture down tightly into the bottom of the cheesecake mould and
refrigerate for 5 minutes.
• Melt the chocolate over a bain marie, and then separately beat the eggs and sugar together until a creamy
consistency is reached. Halve the vanilla pod, scrape out the beans, add the beans to the egg and sugar mix.
Stir in the mascarpone, cream and melted chocolate and whisk until smooth.
• Pour into the mould and bake for 45 minutes on 120˚C or until firm to the touch.
• Serve with vanilla ice cream and melted chocolate.