In case you’re stuck in a recipe rut, here’s a fail-safe, delicious and healthy dish from a local fitness expert to add to your repertoire. Happy cooking and eating!
From: Sam Blakey Fitness Director and Founder, Ooberfit
“People make the excuse that they don’t have time to eat healthily, but there are healthy options that can be knocked out in 15 minutes! This recipe from Joe Wicks’s Lean in 15 is a favourite of mine; I make it without the bacon for me and two of my kids, and leave it in for the remaining three who are still carnivores!”
- 250g skinless salmon per person
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 zucchini cut into half-moons
- 200g broccoli
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 40g pine nuts
- Finely grated parmesan cheese
- Optional: 2 rashers of bacon, trimmed of visible fat and sliced into 1cm strips
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, pop in the salmon fillets, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Poach the fish for around 10 minutes until it’s cooked through; lift it out and drain it well.
- While waiting for the salmon, heat the oil in a frying pan and, once it’s hot enough, throw in the bacon (if you’re using it) for a minute, then add the zucchini and broccoli, and fry for another minute. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for another minute or until the tomatoes start to burst open. Add the spinach and let it wilt down, then season with a little salt and lots of pepper
- Place the vegetables (and bacon, if used) on the serving plate as a bed, top with the salmon, then garnish with pine nuts and serve with the grated cheese.
We have loads more great recipes and dinner party inspiration!
Get the latest events, stories and special offers
sent to your inbox.
By signing up, you'll receive our weekly newsletters and offers, which you can unsubscribe to anytime.