Drinking a protein-rich smoothie can be a great way to start the day and stave off hunger cravings between meals. Recipes like this peanut butter and banana smoothie are quick and easy to make. Try this out and then start experimenting with your own smoothie recipes!
“This smoothie is super simple and only takes a couple of minutes to make,” EL Wine and Dine Editor Amy Greenburg says. “It’s packed with protein, and keeps me full from breakfast until lunch without snacking in between.”
• 1 whole banana
• ½ cup soy or almond milk
• ½ cup rolled oats (if you want it a little less thick, just add ¼ cup oats)
• 2 tablespoons peanut butter (add less if you don’t want it quite as rich)
• Dash of cinnamon (optional)
1. Add all ingredients in a blender, and blend for about 20 to 30 seconds.
2. Pour into a glass and serve immediately, or place in the refrigerator until it’s ready to drink – or eat (I like eating it with a spoon!).
Send us a recipe! If you have a favourite dish you’d like to submit for an upcoming issue, please send an email titled “Recipe Corner” to firstname.lastname@example.org with your recipe, a photo of yourself, and a few words about your dish.
Like this? Read more at our wine and dine section