Hosting afternoon tea? Try your hand at these gorgeous sweet treats loved by the Expat Living office.
- 100g butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100g plain flour, sieved
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 75g butter, softened
- 175g icing sugar, sieved
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- A few drops of food colouring
- Sugar flowers or baubles
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Cream butter and caster sugar together until soft and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well to combine.
3. Fold flour and baking powder into mixture using a large metal spoon.
4. Put spoonfuls of the mixture into paper cases that suit the baby shower theme.
5. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a wire tray.
6. For the butter icing, cream the butter until soft. Add in icing sugar and beat until blended. Add in a few drops of vanilla extract and colouring. Place in a piping bag to decorate the cupcakes.