Aidha is an award-winning Singapore-registered charity. Their mission is to provide financial literacy and self-development skills to foreign domestic workers and lower income women to enable them and their families to break out of the cycle of poverty. Since its inception, Aidha has impacted more than 4,500 women and their families and communities. We attained much-coveted IPC (Institution of Public Character) status in 2015 and have retained it ever since.
Aidha provides training in money management, computer skills, leadership entrepreneurship and English. They conduct classes on Sundays (when most foreign domestic workers have their day off) at their campus at United World College in Dover. At any given time, Aidha typically has 400 to 500 students attending classes and a pool of 150 to 200 active volunteers conducting these classes. In recent months ,Aidha has been offering classes and learning sessions online.
Aidha is a small but successful organisation, now in an exciting stage of growth and scaling up of its operations.
POSITION: MARKETING ASSOCIATE
Reporting to the Marketing and Partnerships Director, the position of the Marketing Associate is one that contributes to the strategic development of marketing initiatives and brand positioning of Aidha.
The Marketing Associate will support the implementation of the strategic and integrated marketing plan in order to reach various key stakeholders (prospective students, employers, corporate partners, donors, and the media) to advance, increase and widen Aidha’s visibility. The Marketing Associate will also be responsible for conducting market research to understand better Aidha’s audiences including foreign domestic workers and their employers. The Marketing Associate will work with the Communications Manager to develop a strategic communication plan to effectively engage Aidha’s audiences. The Marketing Associate will also support the Director of Marketing and Partnerships and Student Affairs Manager with the organisation and implementation of outreach events and community building activities including the marketing and communications of the events to Aidha’s student body.
The position is part-time (80%). The Marketing Associate is expected to spend one to two Sundays a month on campus. (Note: time off-in-lieu will be provided for work on Sundays.)
– Support the Marketing and Partnerships Director in defining and implementing marketing and outreach strategies in order to develop Aidha’s brand awareness and visibility in Singapore
– Support the Marketing and Partnerships Director in implementing strategic communication plans and pitches for Aidha’s fundraising and outreach campaigns in coordination with the Communications Manager
– Support marketing and fundraising events: assist with logistics; communicate with participants, sponsors and donors; manage data; participate in evaluation; etc.
– Collaborate with the Communications Manager to create and develop content for outreach to Aidha’s audiences, including content for social media posts, newsletters, and the Gift of Education campaign
– Gather data to analyse and evaluate the impact and effectiveness of Aidha’s marketing initiatives, including website traffic via Google analytics, qualitative surveys, student surveys, conversion rate, and Facebook report activities and campaigns
– Conduct research and map potential partners for Aidha, including companies dealing with FDWs, embassies, religious institutions, non-profit organisations, chambers of commerce, societies and relevant organisations in the region
– Support the the successful maintenance and development of Aidha’s CRM system
– Support the Student Affairs Manager and Campus Manager to contact prospective and current students via WhatsApp to promote Aidha’s courses
– Support outreach events: assist with logistics; send reminder to participants; enter data in Salesforce; analyse attendance rate; feedback forms and surveys
– Provide support for Alumni Facebook group by posting regular updates
– Conduct surveys targeting Aidha students and Alumni in collaboration with Student Affairs Manager
– Support in the digitalisation of the student surveys
– Undertake any other duties assigned by the CEO and the Director of Marketing and Partnerships.
ARE YOU THEIR IDEAL MARKETING ASSOCIATE?
Their ideal Marketing Associate would have experience in marketing and communications, and be able to help with events. S/he would possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. S/he must be proactive and able to multi-task, as well as meticulous and detail-oriented. S/he would possess administrative skills and be comfortable with figures, plus have good knowledge of Excel. Experience in Salesforce would be a plus! S/he must have the personality to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and can cope well with change while remaining dependable and professional. As our office and campus resembles a mini United Nations, s/he must enjoy interacting and working with people from different nationalities and backgrounds. If you have a passion for our mission of education and empowerment, then we want you on our team!
In return, what you can expect from your time with Aidha:
– A deep sense of fulfilment from being to see the impact you are making on our beneficiaries right before your eyes – which no money in the world can buy!
– The opportunity to play a key role in helping to shape and influence the growth of this young successful organisation as it continues on its upward track
– Unmatched opportunities for personal growth and to learn and develop new skills and experience
– Never again dreading coming to work on a Monday morning!
Interested candidates are invited to submit a comprehensive resume, stating current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
748A North Bridge Road Singapore 198716