Aidha is an award-winning Singapore-registered charity. Their mission is to provide financial literacy and self-development skills to foreign domestic workers and lower income women to enable them and their families to break out of the cycle of poverty. Since its inception, Aidha has impacted more than 4,500 women and their families and communities. We attained much-coveted IPC (Institution of Public Character) status in 2015 and have retained it ever since.
Aidha provides training in money management, computer skills, leadership entrepreneurship and English. They conduct classes on Sundays (when most foreign domestic workers have their day off) at their campus at United World College in Dover. At any given time, Aidha typically has 400 to 500 students attending classes and a pool of 150 to 200 active volunteers conducting these classes. In recent months ,Aidha has been offering classes and learning sessions online.
Aidha is a small but successful organisation, now in an exciting stage of growth and scaling up of its operations.
POSITION: DIRECTOR, PROGRAMMES AND DEVELOPMENT
The role of Director, Programmes and Development, is one that contributes to the strategic development of Aidha’s programme offerings and is responsible for developing strategic partnerships with partner organisations.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Programmes & Development Director is responsible for guiding the development of new programmes as well as determining the direction of the current student and alumni programmes; overseeing the research and evaluation initiatives that will track the success and impact of Aidha’s programmes; and managing curriculum reviews to ensure Aidha’s programmes remain effective and relevant to its students. The Programmes & Development Director will also play a key role in developing new partnerships to further Aidha’s programme priorities, including partnerships with local and international non-profits as well as funders.
The position is full-time. The Programmes & Development Director is expected to spend at least one Sunday a month on campus or, in light of Covid-19, supporting Sunday online activities. (Note: time off-in-lieu will be provided for work on Sundays.)
Programme Development and Enhancement
– Develop a comprehensive strategy to guide all aspects of programme development and management including continuous programme improvement. Key priorities include:
– Expanding Aidha’s current programme offerings to include short courses which will provide practical actionable information on specific key financial decisions
– Fine-tuning of Aidha’s new curriculum
– Development of Aidha’s online strategy
– Enhancement of Aidha’s Business Accelerator programme for Aidha alumni (in collaboration with Aidha’s Student Affairs Manager)
– Enhancement of Aidha’s programmes for low-income local women
– Stay abreast of best practices in the delivery of financial education and entrepreneurship training to ensure optimal design and execution of Aidha’s programmes
– Oversee the planning and implementation of a portfolio of impactful programmes, working with the CEO and rest of the team, to meet the needs of Aidha’s beneficiaries
– Develop and lead new strategic priorities for Aidha’s programmes
– Develop and build partnerships with corporate partners or other non-profit organisations to expand outreach and enhance the impact of Aidha’s programmes
Research and Evaluation
– Oversee the planning and implementation of evaluation and research initiatives to measure the impact of our programmes on Aidha beneficiaries
– Develop and lead Aidha’s research agenda to inform new programme activities to support Aidha’s mission
– Act as Aidha’s representative with external research partners and manage external research projects
– Summarise findings and prepare reports on research findings for CEO and the Board, newsletters, Annual Report, and other purposes
– Supervise and manage Aidha’s Programmes Manager/ Associate and volunteers and /or interns involved in programmes activities
– With the CEO, spearhead grant writing and grant reporting
– Undertake any other duties assigned by the CEO
ARE YOU THEIR IDEAL PROGRAMMES & DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR?
Their ideal Programme & Development Director is that rare combination of being able to think big picture but also able to get down to details. The Programme & Development Director would ideally have experience in programme development and evaluation and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Proficiency in Tagalog and Bahasa Indonesia would be a bonus. With the lead role in overseeing Aidha’s curriculum including the development of new content, experience in financial services/financial inclusion programming would be ideal; barring this, a good understanding of personal finance and business concepts would be needed. The Programme & Development Director must have strong organisational skills and able to juggle multiple projects and be unfazed with tight deadlines. With Aidha’s increased interest in being more engaged with other like-minded organisations in the region as well as increasing our presence in the international development community, international development experience would be an asset. With the many financial needs of the foreign domestic worker community the potential to expand Aidha’s offerings is considerable. This role will play a critical role in setting the direction of our programme priorities and providing the needed capacity to achieve them.
The Programme & Development Director must have the personality to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and can cope well with change. As our office and campus resembles a mini United Nations, the Programme & Development Director must enjoy interacting and working with people from different nationalities and background. If you have a passion for our mission of education and empowerment, then they want you on their team!
In return, what you can expect from your time at Aidha
– A deep sense of fulfilment from being to see the impact you are making on our beneficiaries right before your eyes – which no money in the world can buy!
– The opportunity to play a key role in helping to shape and influence the growth of this small, successful organisation as it continues on its upward track
– Unmatched opportunities for personal growth and to learn and develop new skills and experience
– Never again dreading coming to work on a Monday morning!
Interested candidates are invited to submit a comprehensive resume, stating current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
748A North Bridge Road Singapore 198716