Like all best kept secrets, word eventually gets out, so it’s no surprise – the world is waking up to New Zealand’s luxury travel possibilities. For the world-weary, well-travelled visitor, New Zealand offers a genuinely refreshing approach that’s strongly linked to the landscape and all about creating personal and unique experiences – world-class accommodation, service and transport delivered in an intimate and engaging Kiwi manner.
When you plan your luxury holiday to New Zealand, make sure you include these experiences in your exclusive getaway.
1. Indulge yourself in a luxury lodge – feel the grass between your feet, the sand under your toes, or just put your feet up and totally enjoy. www.lodgesofnz.co.nz
2. Feast on top New Zealand cuisine – made with the freshest local vegetables, meat and seafood, and matched with world-class New Zealand wines, or take a cooking class with chef so you can create your own memorable Kiwi flavours.
3. Spoil yourself with pampering – it’s all about you as you lie back in a luxury spa and let the experts work their blissful wonders on you. www.newzealand.com/sg/hot-pools-and-health-spas
4. Play a round of golf in paradise – on one of New Zealand’s many world-class golf courses but be careful that the surrounding beauty doesn’t distract you from your game. www.bestofgolfnewzealand.com
5. Meet the locals – on a personalised art, photography, wine, conservation or Maori culture tour where you’ll get revealing expert insights into your chosen theme. www.classicwinetrail.co.nz, www.artdeconapier.com, www.tepapa.govt.nz, www.kaikoura.co.nz, www.rotoruanz.com
6. Get back to nature on a luxury glamping experience – luxury under canvas in a stunning remote location where no detail is left to the imagination. www.newzealand.com/sg/article/minaret-station
7. Take-off on a stunning scenic flight – New Zealand’s majestic landscape of mountains, volcanoes, lakes and coasts offer an unending panorama of scenery. www.way2go.co.nz, www.wanakahelicopters.co.nz, www.glaciersouthernlakes.co.nz, www.milfordflights.co.nz
8. Cruise your way on a chartered yacht through the idyllic Bay of Islands, and let the dolphins show you their secret white sand beaches. www.bay-of-islands.co.nz
9. Get a little physical with a heli hike that whisks you off into a magnificent wilderness location for some easy walking and boating, coupled with fine food and accommodation. www.queenstownnz.co.nz
10. Discover New Zealand’s great outdoors – private guided fishing and hunting expeditions will land you in the best places for fly fishing, big game fishing and hunting. www.sailingcharters.co.nz
Visit www.tourismnewzealand.com for more information.
Like this? Read more at our travel section.