Did you know that what you wear could be impacting your health? We talk to PRISCA LIM about her line of environmentally friendly, negative ion clothing, and how this type of nature healing might benefit you.
Nature healing through clothes, bedding and more
Ever wondered why a nature hike or trip to the beach gives you an instant mood boost? You may have negative ions to thank for it! Spending time outside is said to expose your body to negative ions – odourless, tasteless, invisible floating molecules that are especially abundant in natural settings. When these negatively charged molecules are inhaled and absorbed into the bloodstream, a chemical reaction occurs that can have positive effects, particularly on our mental health. In fact, research supports evidence that exposure to negative ions can:
- reduce symptoms of depression for some people;
- boost energy and mood;
- support the immune system;
- promote blood circulation by increasing the oxygen capacity of red blood cells;
- help improve sleep; and
- support hormone balance.
Getting negative ions into what you wear
Spending time outdoors is, of course, one of the easiest ways to reap the rewards of negative ionisation. The highest concentrations of negative ions can be found in dense forests, mountains, beaches, waterfalls and springs, and anywhere outdoors after a heavy rain.
But, there’s more we can do to boost our negative ion intake on a daily basis, especially when we’re stuck inside, says Prisca. She knows first-hand just how beneficial negative ions can be when absorbed through the skin.
Twenty-two years of working a high-stress job in the finance industry had taken a major toll on Prisca’s health. She was getting less than 20 hours of sleep a week, and suffered from insomnia, poor concentration and low energy.
It was negative ion clothing, she says, that changed her life. Though she was admittedly sceptical at first, Prisca tried wearing clothing with high-density negative ions. Within one week, she felt and slept better.
Inspired, Prisca was eager to spread the “secret” to others. It wasn’t long before she founded Healing Through Nature – a range of environmentally friendly, negative ion clothing, accessories and bedding aimed at healing discomfort naturally. The brand’s high-density negative ion blanket is a top seller; it’s the next best thing to sleeping in a forest or near a waterfall, says Prisca.
“Many individuals don’t know that what we wear day to day can be harmful to our body because of the chemicals and dyes on commercial clothing. We can help them improve their health without having to spend too much time, effort and money – by simply changing what they wear every day to negative ion clothing.”
Here’s how it works
All of Healing Through Nature’s environmentally friendly products are made with Neoron fibre – a high technology fabric from Japan. When rubbed against skin, this special fabric generates negative ions that get absorbed into the skin. This, in turn, can help heal discomfort and revitalise the body naturally, explains Prisca.
In fact, she says that we can breathe in only 15 percent of negative ions, while the other 85 percent is obtained through skin contact. So, wearing negative ion clothing can be a great way to absorb those ions.
“It’s especially good for people who suffer from headaches, stiff necks and other types of pain, and those who have problems falling asleep and waking up feeling recharged in the morning,” adds Prisca.
Aside from generating negative static electricity, other beneficial features of the soft fabric include great heat insulation and excellent flame resistance. Neoron also doesn’t absorb water, keeping the skin dry and comfortable.
All the products in the Healing Through Nature range are free of allergens, pesticides and irritants. They are suitable for babies, children and adults – even those with sensitive skin and eczema.
Find out more at healingthroughnature.sg.
Like this? See our Health & Fitness section
Get the latest events, stories and special offers
sent to your inbox.
By signing up, you'll receive our weekly newsletters and offers, which you can unsubscribe to anytime.