If you want to take your career to the next level while you’re living and working in Asia, why not make the most of having access to one of the world’s leading Master of Business Administration (MBA) programmes, at the University of Hong Kong (HKU)? Whatever field you work in, an MBA is a sure-fire way to advance yourself professionally if you want to progress to a senior management level. It’s a qualification that will develop your leadership and communication skills, giving you a real edge in today’s competitive employment market.
An MBA is an internationally-recognised degree designed to develop the skills required for careers in business and management. HKU, the city’s top tertiary institution, has one of the world’s leading courses – this much is clear from its raft of recent accolades from recognised major rankings. For example, it is currently ranked first in Asia (for nine years running) in The Economist’s world full-time MBA rankings (2018). According to the ‘Return on Investment Report 2018’ by QS TopMBA.com, the MBA has the highest 10-year ROI and shortest payback period in Asia. In the Times Higher Education and the Wall Street Journal Business School Report, it is also ranked first in the world as the top tier one-year MBA degree.
Tailored to meet your needs
HKU offers a full-time MBA programme to overseas students, including those in Singapore. The university is holding an events admissions consultation session in Singapore from 15 to 17 April with HKU MBA’s Senior Executive Director and Director in Marketing and Admission.
Advantages of the full-time programme include the following:
- The entire course can be completed in just 14 months. There are three tracks; New York track at Columbia Business School, London track at London Business School, and Hong Kong/Shanghai track at Fudan University.
- Students will benefit from dedicated career services with internship opportunities, live projects, mentorship programmes, leadership talks and company visits.
- To keep up with the technological development in the business world today, HKU MBA offers elective courses such as artificial intelligence and big data for business leaders, marketing for tech-intensive industries and fintech related courses.
- The module “Business Incubation for Entrepreneurs” where students learn about the development and consolidation of business concepts to seek venture capital and build a successful startup.
- All full-time MBA applicants are automatically considered for a merit-based scholarship. Separate application is not required.
- The (Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates) visa benefit: Non-local students who have graduated from a degree programme in a locally accredited university in Hong Kong are able to remain in Hong Kong for an initial period of 12 months under the IANG visa benefit, without other conditions of stay. They would be able to take up employment during the period. Those admitted under IANG may subsequently apply for extension of stay if they are employed or have secured an offer of employment.
There is plenty that you stand to gain from earning an MBA, enabling you to negotiate for a better role and salary within your organisation or while transitioning to a new field. The skills gained through the course are transferable. Studying at HKU is also a valuable networking opportunity as you get to mix with fellow students of a high calibre from more than 20 nationalities. The marketplace has a high regard for MBA graduates, with an employer survey conducted by the US Graduate Management Admission Council showing that a high percent of companies intended to hire an MBA graduate recent years.
Get the latest events, stories and special offers
sent to your inbox.
By signing up, you'll receive our weekly newsletters and offers, which you can unsubscribe to anytime.