Whether you have a preference for neutral or bold lip colours, there’s something for everyone in this season’s colour palette, says make-up artist Kelly Bilimoria.
Bordeaux And Berry Reds
Against a flawless base and with just enough makeup to define the eyes, a deep red shade adds a sultry edge to your look. Don’t be scared of darker colours. It’s just a matter of finding one to complement your skin tone – try deep reds and shades of burgundy.
– MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick in Lush Life
– Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry
– Bobbi Brown Lip Colour in Berry Punch
The nude “girl next door” lip is back, but with a twist: soft pink and brown hues off the runway were also given metallic accents. Try a neutral shade with a frost or shimmer, like NYX’s lipstick in Iced Honey.
– NARS Lipstick in Honolulu Honey
– Illamasqua Glamore Lipstick in Tease
– Bobbi Brown Lip Colour in Baby Pink
Achieve The Perfect Pout
Backstage tips for immaculate lipstick application.
1. Apply a thin layer of foundation or concealer to the lip area.
2. Use a lip liner in a neutral colour to define your lip edges and stop colour from bleeding.
3. Draw from the outer corner of the upper lip using short, controlled strokes. Follow the lip line up to the Cupid’s bow.
4. Repeat from the other side of the lip.
5. Relax the mouth and fill in the entire lips with your chosen lipstick, being careful not to go outside the liner. You can do this using your lipstick directly, or by using a lip brush.
– Make your lipstick last longer by blotting it in between coats.
– Add a dash of lip-gloss in clear, gold or silver to the centre of the bottom lip to make your lips look fuller.
Want more? See our style & beauty section!