Calling all gymnasts and gymnasts-to-be! Did you know that tumbling and flips can teach your child critical life skills? From basic moves such as rolls, cartwheels and handstands, to handoffs, aerials and vaults, the health and social benefits of gymnastics and parkour are HUGE! SWAGA GYM at The Grandstand offers high-quality gymnastics classes in Singapore and knows first-hand the amazing rewards that parents can expect – whether your junior gymnast does regular classes throughout the year, enrols in a fun summer camp or is looking to join a competitive gymnastics programme.
Also, read on for details of SWAGA Gym’s summer camps starting on 12 June and running until 4 August 2023!
Four ways these gymnastics classes in Singapore can boost your child’s body and mind, no matter their age or stage!
At SWAGA gym, children can progress at their own pace in a safe and supportive environment under the guidance of experienced coaches. The result? Mini athletes who can set goals, overcome obstacles and challenge themselves both physically and mentally. Talk about a self-confidence booster!
Handstands, backbends, somersaults, back tucks, layouts, twists – SWAGA gymnasts will be introduced to more complex routines and advanced techniques as they progress. With improved technique comes improved fitness, body awareness, strength, balance and flexibility!
Is your child looking to join a competitive gymnastics team? Try-outs are open throughout the year for SWAGA’s Espoir and Competitive Team programme. Following a successful assessment, the athlete will be placed in a class that will see them advance towards competitive level skills
Let’s talk teamwork! Children are encouraged to develop positive attitudes towards each other, communicate effectively and support each other during these gymnastics classes in Singapore.
Why we’re head over heels for SWAGA’s Summer Camp Gymnastics Programme in Singapore
Staying in Singapore this summer and looking for a fun morning activity to keep the kids active? SWAGA Gym has got you covered with eight weeks of exciting activities for children aged 4 to 14. Children can enrol in any of four weekly sessions. So, what’s on the programme?
- The Kindergym programme is ideal for ages 4 to 5. It provides a fun and safe environment to develop motor skills and physical coordination.
- Learn fun and challenging techniques through floor exercises and using the different apparatus (including the bars, beam and vault) at the Fundamental Gymnastics programme for ages 6 to 14.
- The Advanced Gymnastics programme will challenge more experienced gymnasts and is designed to push their skills to the next level.
- Got kids who love to jump, run and climb? The Parkour programme will teach basic parkour skills to children aged 6 to 14.
The SWAGA Summer Camp programme runs from Monday to Friday, 9am-12pm for 8 weeks: 12-16 June, 19-23 June; 26-30 June, 3-7 July, 10-14 July, 17-21 July, 24-28 July, 31 July-4 August. Camp fees are $360 plus 8% GST for a five-day camp. Book now by emailing email@example.com or via WhatsApp 9829 2835.
What about SWAGA Gym’s regular classes throughout the year?
- Designed for children aged 18 months to 6 years, the Kindergym programme has three fun levels. Unicorn 1 is parent-accompanied for children aged 18 months to 3 years. Unicorn 2 (for ages 3 to 5) and Unicorn 3 (5 to 6) are drop-off classes. From crawling, rolling and jumping, to handstands, backbends and somersaults, the programme introduces children to more complex activities as they progress through the levels.
- The Fundamental Gymnastics programme in Singapore is for children aged 6 to 12 years. It sets the stage for more advanced levels of gymnastics. In the younger age group (6 to 9 years), children will build on the basics of gymnastics and start working on the different apparatus, including the bars and beam, and floor exercises. In the older age group (10 to 12 years), they’ll learn more advanced tumbling skills and routines, while also preparing for more competitive levels of gymnastics.
- The Espoir and Competitive programme is especially for advanced gymnasts who have a strong foundation in the sport and a desire to become competitive. If this is your child, experienced coaches will work closely with them to advance them to the next level. Aspiring gymnasts are welcome to attend a try-out anytime during the year!
- The exciting SWAGA Parkour programme is designed for ages 6 to 14. It’s split across two age groups: 6-9 years and 10-14 years. Children will be taught how to move through their environment in a safe and efficient way using a combination of running, jumping, climbing and rolling techniques.
#02-14 The Grandstand, 200 Turf Club Road
9829 2835 | swagagym.com
Looking for more enrichment ideas for kids? We’ve got it covered!