Whether it’s a real life rescue mission or you just locked yourself out, here’s how to break down a door.
1. Take a step away from the door, and stand sideways with your dominant leg facing the door.
2. Focus on the area just below the doorknob and the lock.
3. Side kick* the door driving your heel into the focus point. Make sure your standing leg stays in contact with the ground
4. Repeat until the door swings open. This may be some time if the door has a solid hardwood core or is metal clad – you might have better luck with a crowbar.
* Never use your shoulder – it’ll hurt you more than the door.