– &Sons, a lovely little wine and cheese bar, is now open on Cross Street. See EL’s take on &Sons here.
– Paul Bakery has opened a cafe outlet at Raffles Place, serving its signature breads and cakes as well as restaurant food.
– A huge array of food and wine is promised by grocers and café, Dean & Deluca, who have opened another outlet in Far East Square.
– After five years at Dempsey, the award-winning Tippling Club has moved to Tanjong Pagar.
– Friends is a newly open Korean restaurant and pub on Tanjong Katong Road.
– Also on Tanjong Katong Road is North, East, South, West, a cheap vegetarian/ fusion restaurant… that also sells meat dishes. We can’t work it out either.
– Crossings Cafe on Waterloo Street not only serves comforting Western food, but it also makes a point of hiring disadvantaged youths. Give them your support.
– Check out high-end bar L’Aiglon on Neil Road with its plush parlour feel and mixed Parisian and Asian touches.
– Pint and Curries on Clarke Quay does exactly what it says on the tin. Feast on Thai and Indian food, washed down with beers for the connoisseur.