• Demsey Hill, +65 6472 2221
• Bishan Park, +65 6455 2221
After 3 weeks of working on your abs with these tips and exercises from PowerMoves, your stomach will be flatter, your clothes will fit better and you’ll be well on your way to looking and feel wonderful.
1. Do Pilates exercises – they are great for strengthening and tightening your abdominal muscles.
2. Maintain proper form while doing your exercises. Focus on doing your moves slowly and with a lot of control. Keep your shoulders away from your ears, your neck and chest relaxed. It’s much better to do a few good moves than many haphazard ones.
3. Lie on your back with arms by your sides and legs extended. Pull your bellybutton in toward your spine, then lift your shoulder blades off the mat, bring your chin to your chest and hold. While in this position, pulse your arms up and down for 100 counts (inhaling for five counts, exhaling for five counts).
4. Lie on your back with your knees bent, fingers laced behind your head. Lift your shoulder blades off the mat and exhale, twisting your right shoulder toward your left knee and extending your right leg. Pause at the inhalation and then exhale as you twist to the other side. Work up to 15 reps on each side.
5. Lie face down with legs extended, forearms resting on the mat shoulder-width apart, hands in fists. Tighten abs, tuck toes under and lift hips off the mat so that your body forms a straight line from head to heels. Hold for 30 seconds while breathing normally and then lower to start. Rest before repeating three more times.