Family Christmas card on your list of to-do’s? With international postage deadlines looming, the time is nigh to start thinking about booking in a session with a family photographer in Singapore. Fortunately, boutique photography studio The Studio Loft is making it easy for us to tick this off with Christmas Mini Sessions from 26-28 November 2015 and 9-10 December 2015 at their Ubi studio. For $400 (or $430 on Saturday 28th), your brood will get 20-minutes of lens-time against three festive backdrops, a custom-designed Christmas Facebook cover image and digital files of all shots. The mini sessions are by appointment only, so you’d better get in there. It wouldn’t do for your mother-in-law to have to prop up a generic Christmas card on her mantelpiece like last year!
And, if there’s anyone who knows that there’s a knack to getting the jolliest shots, it’s The Studio Loft’s head photographer Maryann Koh. Her and her team have been specialising in maternity, newborn, children and family portraiture since 2006, so we reckon they’re more than qualified to share their merry tips and tricks with us. Flick through the image gallery to view snaps from Maryann’s latest Christmas Mini Sessions (and gush over some of the sweetest reindeers and elves in Singapore), or head over to The Studio Loft’s Facebook page for more inspiration!
1. Timing: Schedule your shoot at a time that’s best for your child (not for you or the photographer). For younger kids, avoid nap and meal times.
2. Clothing: Christmas costumes work well for babies and toddlers. For older children, choose colours such as red, black, green and silver (formal or otherwise) that will complement The Studio Loft’s festive backdrops. Christmas PJ’s can be cute, too.
4. Mums and Dads: While getting the kids’ outfits ready, don’t forget about yours. The family doesn’t need to be ‘matchy-matchy’, but do try and coordinate in terms of style and colours.
5: Bribery: While Maryann usually has a tin of yummy baked goods on hand to tempt little models, do bring along treats (edible or otherwise) to haul out during the session in exchange for big smiles, if needed
6. Prep the kids: A few days before the shoot, chat to the youngest members of your family about the shoot so they’re not overwhelmed when they get to the studio. It may help to show them pictures of the swing on the snowy set – instant child charmer that!
7. Plan your route: There’s nothing worse than getting lost and everyone turning up in a bad mood, so plan your route and allow extra time (just in case!).
8. Make it an annual event: The Studio Loft has a loyal clientele that sees families returning every year for their Christmas shoot. The more familiar children get with the process, the more they’re likely to perform for the camera. Say, Santa!
Terms and conditions:
Christmas mini sessions are for an immediate family of four – additional family members at $15/head.
71 Ubi Road 1 #09-39 Oxley Bizhub S(408732)
6235 3696 | email@example.com