Calling all shutterbugs! Our favourite annual Expat Living Photo Competition returns for the fifth instalment and once again we have great prizes on offer for the best snapshots. The closing date for entries is 20 September.
Last year we received thousands of fabulous photos submitted by readers – some of the winning entries appear in the gallery below.
This year, we are again looking for photos in five categories:
Are you always snapping shots of beautiful sunsets or your epicurean adventures? Why not submit your visual diary to us and you could win some fantastic prizes. Shots can be funny, bizarre, posed, artistic, frivolous, anything you like. Just email or post your favourite shots to us, then sit back and wait for your 15 minutes of photographic fame!
Think you got what it takes? Don’t delay and send your photos by 20 September!
How to Enter
- All photos must be in JPG format (ideally between 1MB and 5MB in size). You can email them (to email@example.com with subject “Photo Competition 2013”) or
post a CD to our office: Photo Competition 2013, 40 Jalan Pemimpin, #02-07 Tat Ann Building, Singapore 577185. There is a maximum of 10 photos per entrant (and 2 photos per category).
- Photos should be accompanied by a text document (no embedded photos, please) with captions of not more than 20 words per photo, giving a title and perhaps some background information about the shot.
- Original files (digital files or scanned photos) must be kept for reference; they may be needed to demonstrate that this is your own work.
- Each photo sent by email must not exceed 5MB in size. If your photo is larger than 5MB, please reduce the size, and we will ask for a larger version if you have a winning entry.
- Photos taken on a camera-phone are acceptable. Images taken on film must be scanned into digital format by the entrant.
- Some digital manipulation of photos is acceptable (e.g., cropping, sharpening).
- Closing date for entries is 20 September 2013. Results will be announced in the November issue of Expat Living.
Enjoy photography? Love the iconic Raffles Hotel? You’ll be thrilled to see what fantastic prizes our 2013 Expat Living Photo Competition has to offer:
WIN! A two-night stay at Raffles Hotel with breakfast
That’s right: if we choose your photo as the best of the bunch in our fifth annual photography competition, you’ll enjoy a two-night stay in a Raffles Hotel Courtyard Suite with breakfast at the Tiffin Room, worth more than $2,000.
For more information about Raffles Hotel, visit www.raffles.com.
ALSO! Aside from our main winner, there are two runner-up prizes and five category winners.
Two Runner-up Prizes:
One winner will receive a complimentary creative photography session with Littleones Photography and a free desktop photograph from the acrylic range. littleonesphotography.com
Another winner will receive a complimentary creative photography session with Tomato Photo and a photo print from the shoot. tomato.sg
Five Category Winner Prizes:
Each category winner will receive English Afternoon Tea for two with a bottle of sparkling Prosecco at FLUTES Restaurant and Bar worth $170. flutes.com.sg