***Update! We have extended the deadline for submissions until February 20 2015, you lucky things. Get snapping!***
Calling all shutterbugs! The annual Expat Living Photo Competition has returned for the sixth instalment and, once again, we have great prizes on offer for the best snapshots.
If we choose your photo as the best of the bunch, you’ll enjoy a three-night, five-bedroom stay at Semara Luxury Villa Resort in Bali (worth over $14,000), plus two round-trip KLM flights.
Located on the cliffs of Uluwatu, Semara Luxury Villa Resort is a sanctuary of luxury offering magnificent panoramic ocean views. The lucky grand prize winner will enjoy a three-night stay in one of the resort’s five-bedroom villas (accommodates up to 10), a daily car and driver, private chef and butler service, plus access to the exclusive Finn’s Beach Club on Semara’s private beach and complimentary use of the resort’s tennis courts, putting green and other facilities.
This year, we are looking for photos in five categories
The Great Outdoors
This category’s all about capturing great shots of natural surroundings and some animal action, too.
Think architectural masterpieces, structures, landscapes and urban atmospheres.
Take us on a journey of all those crazy food discoveries and delightful delicacies.
Culture and Heritage
Here, we want to see people in their element, and places saturated in tradition – from monks in ancient wats to the village women in the remote hills of far-off lands.
This category covers those special shared moments, and loved ones captured on film in Singapore and beyond.
See the winners from 2013’s Expat Living Photo Competition in the gallery below for some serious inspiration…
Aside from our main winner, there’s one runner-up prize and five category winner prizes up for grabs.
The runner-up winner will receive a complimentary creative photography session with Littleones Photography and a free desktop photograph from the acrylic range.
Category Winner Prizes
If you’re one of the lucky category winners, you’ll win one of the following fabulous prizes:
* BBQ buffet dinner for two at Grand Hyatt Singapore’s Oasis Restaurant, including free-flow wine, beer, margaritas and soft drinks.
* Sunday brunch for two at mezza9 at Grand Hyatt Singapore, including free-flow champagne, wine, beer, bloody marys, mojitos and soft drinks.
* Sunday Champagne Brunch for two at Pan Pacific Singapore’s Edge restaurant, including unlimited Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label Brut, wine, beer and classic cocktails.
How to Enter
- All photos must be in JPG format (ideally between 1MB and 5MB in size). You can email them to email@example.com (with the subject, “Photo Competition 2015”) or post a CD to our office: Photo Competition 2015, 40 Jalan Pemimpin, #02-07 Tat Ann Building, Singapore 577185. There is a maximum of five photos per entrant).
- Photos should be accompanied by a text document (no embedded photos, please) with captions of no more than 50 words per photo – giving a title and perhaps some background information on the shot. (Feel free to share what you loved about the location, or what you like about the photo in general!)
- You must keep your original files (digital files or scanned photos) for reference; they may be needed to demonstrate that this is your own work.
- Each photo sent by email must not exceed 5MB in size. If your photo is larger than 5MB, please reduce the size, and we will ask for a larger version if you have a winning entry.
- Photos taken on a camera-phone are acceptable. Images taken on film must be scanned into digital format by the entrant.
- Some digital manipulation of photos is acceptable (e.g., cropping, sharpening).
- Closing date for entries is 20 February, 2015. Results will be announced in the March issue of Expat Living.
Be sure to check back for further details on the competition and confirmation of our judging panel.