- This event has passed.
World Dyslexia Awareness Week 2018
1 October @ 9:00 am - 7 October @ 9:00 pm
Head to World Dyslexia Awareness Week 2018 by Dyslexia Association of Singapore (DAS) this October. The event aims to help the public understand the challenges brought about by dyslexia – it affects up to one out of 10 people around us. Did you know that due to lack of understanding of dyslexia, children with this learning difference are often misunderstood, mis-labelled and not given proper attention and support? People with dyslexia may face difficulties in learning, but they are distinctive in their strengths and talents too.
- Discover the creativity of children with dyslexia at the DAS Talent Exhibition or at the official WDAW Facebook page
- Make the dreams of children with dyslexia come true by contributing to the DARE TO DREAM fundraising campaign through a pledge card or help dyslexic children receive proper educational support by donating at giving.sg
- Sign up for a free screening for children aged six to 12 years, if you think your child may be dyslexic
- Learn about intervention strategies for children with Specific Learning Differences from experts at a seminar; or acquire helpful exam and study skills for your child from a tips-sharing session by DAS Academy lecturers
- Learn tips on how to start school right if you are a parent of a child with learning differences in an international school at a Coffee Morning @ DAS International
- Participate in your child’s learning journey at DAS by understanding different support strategies at a Parents Support Group Meeting or through the DAS Learning Centre Dress Up