- This event has passed.
TORUK – The First Flight by Cirque du Soleil
24 May - 3 June
Now playing for a limited run until 3 June, watch the awe-inspiring world of James Cameron’s blockbuster Avatar come to life in Cirque du Soleil’s multimedia spectacle TORUK – The First Flight!
Narrated by a “Na’vi Storyteller” and populated by unforgettable characters, TORUK – The First Flight is a mythical tale set thousands of years before the events depicted in the film AVATAR, and before any humans ever set foot on Pandora. When a natural catastrophe threatens to destroy the sacred Tree of Souls, two Omatikaya boys, Ralu and Entu, set out on a quest in search of the mighty TORUK to help save the Na’vi from a terrible fate.
Not your usual Cirque show, the production features more than just acrobatics. Expect puppetry, indoor kite flying and breathtaking visual effects that will teleport you into the world of Pandora. Don’t miss your chance to be part of this immersive live experience!
TORUK Fun facts
- This is the first story inspired show by Cirque du Soliel.
- The stunning projections cover a space bigger than five IMAX screens.
- There is a full team of puppeteers, with 16 large-scale puppets, who make their own animal sounds live.
- There are 19 kites which will be flown indoors: six quad kites, 12 kites on poles and one giant traction kite.
- The production’s boomerang specialist holds the Guinness World Record for the most boomerangs juggled at once.
Photo credit: Jesse Faatz, 2015 Cirque du Soleil