Things to consider when choosing a Kindergarten-Postponed to another date (TBC)
27 October @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Choosing a kindergarten is like choosing the material structure for your house. It’s so, so important to choose the right one! But how do you possibly decide with all the options available in Singapore?
To help in your choice, the team at the Canadian International School is giving you an opportunity to pick the brains of Dr Colleen Drisner, Primary Principal of the CIS Lakeside Campus. During this talk, Colleen will discuss:
- how learning is appropriately tailored to your child;
- how community shapes the learning environment and your child (yes, it does take a village!);
- the concern about being a “big school” – how the little ones get missed;
- the school’s bilingual programme;
- COVID backup plans; and,
- how the IB curriculum develops in your child’s learning career.
You can submit any questions you might have (anonymously) by following this link.
Date: 27 October
Place: Zoom Online
About Dr Colleen
Dr Colleen Drisner hails from Ontario, Canada. Prior to moving to Singapore, she lived with her family in China for 16 years, where she served as the Secondary School Principal at Beijing City International School. During this period, Colleen and her team created an alternate High School Diploma Programme, IDEATE. She holds a BA from the University of Waterloo, a BEd from the University of Toronto, and a Master’s degree in Business from the University of Melbourne. She is currently pursuing a Doctorate in Educational Leadership from Gonzaga University.