Robust Data Backup workshop
11 May @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Have you ever experienced every file you had being wiped out and never to be retrieved? We’ve teamed up with Tekkie Help to offer this amazing workshop on how to back up your files.
This workshop is for you if:
- you have hundreds of photos you cannot afford to lose, or critical data personal and/or business data you definitely cannot afford to lose!
- your phone is not backed up and you don’t want to lose your contacts (or photos)
- you’re confused about the cloud (did you know, it’s actually not a backup unless set up correctly?)
- you’re running out of space on your computer and so are considering moving data off, or already have
- you’re unsure whether your data is safely backed up and 100% protected
- you want peace of mind
This workshop will teach you:
- the most common backup mistakes (and how to avoid them)
- available storage and backup options
- the benefits of having an onsite and offsite backup
- pros and cons of external drives and cloud solutions
- 3:2:1 Strategy to back up your data
- backing up your computer (Mac or Windows)
- how to use the cloud as a backup
- how to back up your phone
- How to back up your data using a Network Attached Storage Device (NAS)
Date: 11 May
Price: $80 (special Expat Living price – usually $149)
About Tekkie Help
Founded in 2012 by British couple Bo and Sarah Pinel, Singapore-based Tekkie Help provides onsite IT support and helps people make the most of their technology, whether they’re frustrated with trying to get it to do what they want, baffled with how it works or simply don’t have the time to get it going. Our objective is to take the hassle out of their technology and get it all working for them in the most effective and efficient way.