- This event has passed.
Green Christmas 12 Days of Christmas Scavenger Hunt
11 December, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
City Sprouts is organising a Green Christmas with activities that will shed light on how we can spread cheer, gift meaningfully without always having to buy new and promote the appreciation of items that can be given a new life.
The greenhouses at City Sprouts are not always open except during specially organised events. So it will be an exciting opportunity for guests to see what their community farmers have been up to while going on a 12 Days of Christmas Scavenger Hunt to find your Christmas gift. Come in the morning before the farm gets hot! Activities are best suited for children 3 years and older.
Each ticket includes:
- Entry for a child and their guardian. How many tickets to buy? Buy a ticket for each participating child. The tickets are for the kids. Children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- A meet and greet with Santa
- Meeting CS farmers and visiting their greenhouses on the 12 Days of Christmas Scavenger Hunt. Lots of greenhouses will be open!
- A lucky draw from Santa’s bag to do a paid activity run by CS farmers for FREE. Additional activities can be purchased separately.
- Creative time to decorate the community Christmas tree. Activity run by Christian Outreach to the Handicap
- Making a biodegradable seedling pot and beginning your journey to becoming a plant parent
- Upcycling badminton shuttle cocks into keychains and playing a virtual reality badminton game run by Optimum Badminton Academy
- Building your own Christmas ornament with blinking LED lights. In this adult-child workshop organised by Repair Kopitiam, children will be engaged through learning – gaining exposure to maker skills such as soldering and learning simple electric circuits. Adult supervision is required due to safety. Only for Early Bird ticket holders.
- 200 susGain points. Download the app for free, then ask for the 4-digit pin at registration to redeem on the susGain app. With the susGain rewards app you can now turn your eco-friendly actions and purchases into points, cash back, donations to local charities and trees!
All farm activities are included in your ticket except for the ones noted as “paid add-on.”
- City Sprouts – meet Mr. Chicken and feed him Black Soldier Flies, if he gets hungry, in the greenhouse
- All-In Veggie Farm – join farmer Yunqin as she takes you on a tour of a soil farm set-up and all the beautiful greens she’s been growing. Paid add-on activity: upcycled Christmas Snowglobe
- Atlasgreenie – swing by for a plant care workshop then bring home a young ornamental plant to try out growing on your own
- Candlescape – tour a soil farm set-up and get up close with creeper passionfruits. Paid add-on activity: harvesting edible cucumber, mint, or rosemary; Christmas-themed candlemaking with palm wax; and macaron candlemaking
- Corridor Farmers – learn more about how you can grow edibles even with limited space. Paid add-on activity: mini Christmas tree seedling pot and gardening games to win prizes
- Fishplansnstuff – get up close with black pink tilapia and understand the power of fish poop in aquaponics
- Local Loco – come over for a repotting demo then bring home a young Philodendron to try out growing on your own
- Mushroom Buddies – see how this agro-startup grows mushrooms in a container farm. Paid add-on activity: mushroom harvesting and mushroom home kit
- Ong’s Farm – friendly community farmer, Mr Ong, will be opening up his greenhouse. Stop by to see what he’s been growing and ask him for any gardening tips
- Otolith – get up close and personal with one of the most powerful food waste heroes, the Black Soldier Fly. These little creatures can eat almost anything that comes their way, providing a natural solution for food waste management
- Soon Ko – friendly community farmer, Mr Ko, will be opening up his greenhouse. Stop by to see what he’s been growing and ask him for any gardening tips
- Straits Agriculture – tour an aeroponics farm inspired by nature and see the breadth of greens that can be grown this way. Paid add-on activity: harvesting nutrient-packed kale or basil and planting rosemary, sage, or basil in a 3D printed self-watering seedling pot
- The Little Rice Company – contribute to helping The Little Rice Company donate 100g of rice to a charity of choice for every 100 grams of rice peeled; peel rice grains to win prizes and learn more about potted rice farming. Paid add-on activity: brown rice starter kit.
- Tomato Town – walk through a wonderland of vertical veggie Christmas trees in a hydroponics farm
- Two Straw Hats – get up close and personal with fish and chickens in an aquaponics farm. Paid add-on activity: fishing
- VegeTeddy – join farmer Ted as he takes you on a tour of a soil farm set-up and all the leafy greens he’s been growing. Paid add-on activity: mini Christmas log planter home kit and games to win prizes that also teaching our kids about recycling
- Ecosami – play games to test your knowledge about food waste and check out bin designs for easy, hassle-free, pest-free, and non-smelly home composting solutions. Bring your food scraps (veggie and fruit peels only) along for a hands-on experience. Paid add-on activity: decorate the composters you buy with stickers and markers
- Werms Inc. – see how you can turn your food waste into non-stinky, pest-free compost with worms. Paid add-on activity: vermi composting kit to take home
Early bird sale of tickets is extended until 28 November or while supplies last.