When was the last time your computer was checked for any security threats or malware? Have you had all the fans and vents vacuumed out recently? Any idea if your backup is working – or if you even have one?! So many people forget that computers need lots of TLC (just as cars need regular servicing) tTekkie Help is offering a special offer to come and check your computer and give it a full service for a discounted price.
The computer health check includes:
- Scanning for malware and removing any malicious apps, trojans and so on
- Cleaning out fans/vents to prevent overheating
- Checking hard drive health and repairing any bad sectors
- Checking you’re on the latest operating system
- Running any firmware updates and checking for potential security breaches
- Checking you have a backup in place and that it’s working
- Checking the computer log for any unusual activity
The session will take one to one-and-a-half hours for a single computer and up to three hours if you have multiple devices.
This really is super important to do, so if you don’t need Tekkie Help to do it for you, then make sure you do it yourself!
This article first appeared in the December 2022 edition of Expat Living. You can purchase the latest issue or subscribe, so you never miss a copy!
To make the most of living in Singapore, read our latest City Guide here for free!