Aidha is an award-winning Singapore-registered charity. Their mission is to provide financial literacy and self-development skills to foreign domestic workers and lower income women to enable them and their families to break out of the cycle of poverty. Started initially under the auspices of UNIFEM (now UN Women), Aidha became an organisation in its own right in 2006. Since its inception, Aidha has impacted more than 4,500 women and their families and communities. In April 2015, they achieved the much-coveted IPC (Institution of Public Character) status.
Aidha provides training in money management, computer, leadership and entrepreneurship skills. We conduct classes on Sundays (when most foreign domestic workers have their day off) at their campus at United World College in Dover. They start classes on a rolling basis virtually every month, and at any given time have between 400-500 students enrolled in their courses.
Aidha is a small but successful organisation, now at an exciting stage of growth and scaling up of its operations.
POSITION: DIRECTOR, MARKETING and COMMUNICATIONS
The role of Director, Marketing & Communications, is a leadership role that will make a substantial contribution to Aidha’s strategic development and will drive increased visibility and reach for Aidha.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Director, Marketing & Communications, is responsible for designing and implementing a strategic integrated marketing and communications plan in order to reach various key stakeholders (prospective students, employers, corporate partners, donors, and the media). The Director, Marketing & Communications, will spearhead the development of Aidha’s outreach and community building activities to increase Aidha’s visibility within and outside the community. The Director, Marketing & Communications will also contribute to increasing Aidha’s financial resources by supporting fundraising efforts in close collaboration with the CEO and the Director of Programmes and Development.
The position is full-time. The Director, Marketing & Communications, is expected to spend at least one Sunday a month on campus or at external sites for outreach events and attend Aidha events on evenings and weekends as necessary. (Note: time off-in-lieu will be provided for work on weekends.)
- Lead and oversee Aidha’s marketing strategy, which will have both offline and online elements, including digital initiatives in partnership with Facebook and Google
- Develop strategic marketing and outreach partnerships to further this work
- Drive the refinement of Aidha’s brand messaging and positioning
- Lead and expand relationships with external stakeholders, including overseeing and coordinating outreach strategies and initiatives with support from the Programmes and Marketing Manager, Student Affairs Manager and the Communications Manager
- Drive the strategy for student conversion with the support from the Student Affairs Manager
- Lead the evaluation of the effectiveness of marketing strategies and initiatives
- Oversee the successful adoption of Aidha’s CRM system
- Lead the development of Aidha’s multi-channel communications strategy
- Oversee Aidha’s media relations; cultivate, maintain, and strengthen relationships with media partners
- Oversee Aidha’s website and social media content ensuring strategic SEO alignment
- Work in partnership with the Volunteer Manager, Student Affairs Manager and Communications Manager to develop and implement engagement strategies for the Volunteer Ambassador Programme and Student Ambassador Programme
- Strategise communications plans and pitches for Aidha’s fundraising and outreach campaign
- Supervise Aidha’s Communications Manager, Student Affairs Manager, Campus Manager (in the area of customer relationship management) and Programmes and Marketing Manager (with respect to this role’s 30% time allocated for marketing), volunteers and/or interns
- Deepen and expand relationships with existing corporate and institutional partners and funders in coordination with the CEO and the Director of Programmes and Development
- Undertake any other duties assigned by the CEO
ARE YOU OUR IDEAL MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR?
The ideal Director, Marketing & Communication has that rare combination of being able to think big picture but yet be able to get down to the details. S/he must have a passion for working and interacting with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds and possess strong organisational skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. S/he must have the ability to work well independently and also as part of the team. S/he must be able to deal with all matters related to marketing and communications and work with different internal and external stakeholders from across nationalities and industries. If you enjoy adopting a collaborative approach and creating a happy, positive work environment, then we want you on our team!
In return, what you can expect from your time with us at Aidha is…
- A deep sense of fulfilment from being to see the impact you are making on beneficiaries right before your eyes – which no money in the world can buy!
- The opportunity to play a key role in helping to shape and influence the growth of this small, successful organisation as it continues on its upward track
- Unmatched opportunities for personal growth and to learn and develop new skills and experience
- Never again dreading coming to work on a Monday morning!
Interested candidates are invited to submit a comprehensive resume and cover letter, stating current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.