Along with impressive acting skills, actress Natalie Portman always manages to look effortlessly glam on the red carpet, and her polished look at the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival this year was no exception. Here are a few makeup tips and tricks to help you achieve the 34-year-old’s classic Hollywood style.
GET THE LOOK:
1. Start with creating a flawless base as your canvas. Too Faced’s Born This Way Foundation glides on to skin smoothly for a photo-ready finish. We also love the fact that the formula is oil-free, which is ideal for sensitive skin, or those prone to breakouts.
2. Next, create a light, bronzed glow by dusting Urban Decay’s Naked Illuminated in new shade, “Lit”, all over your face, concentrating it on your cheekbones.
3. Time to tame and define those brows. Use the angled brush and brow powder from 3CE’s Eye Brow Kit to fill in any sparse areas and shape your ideal arc. The wax will hold even the most unruly hairs in place.
4. Emphasise your eyes with cream shadow in a vibrant gold tone. Lancôme’s version won’t crease or wear away throughout the night.
5. After your usual black or brown mascara, complete your eye area with a swipe of Lancôme’s Hypnôse Stardust – it has a clear, light formula enriched with gold sparkle.
6. Add final touches with a bold berry lip: we recommend Dior Addict Lipstick in Be Dior.
7. To set your look and make it last, lightly spritz your face with Urban Decay’s All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray.
For more beauty articles, pick up your copy of Expat Living each month.