Looking for short-term car rental options while living in Singapore? Whether you’re after a ride for family members who are visiting or you just want to get on the road for a weekend or more, there are a couple of options you can consider. Besides longer term contracts, Avis Singapore offers reliable short-term car rental in the form of daily, monthly and even used car rental. Check out what these leasing packages have to offer.
What are the requirements for leasing a car in Singapore?
- Valid driving licence (see below)
- Minimum one-year driving experience
- At least 20 years old (Young driver’s surcharge applies for drivers aged 20 to 22)
- Valid credit card
- Short stay (less than 12 months): International Driving Permit or an original foreign driving licence (with a translation done by the government body of the home country for all non-English-language passports and some English-language passports).
- Long Stay (more than 12 months): Required to convert foreign licence to Singapore licence (read more about conversion here)
- Permanent Residents or citizens: Must convert foreign driving licences within three months of obtaining citizenship or PR status.
If you require the added flexibility of changing your car rental plans, short-term rental is probably for you!
Renting on a daily basis is great for one-off uses, such as when the extended family is in town. Prices start from around $90 per day, and depend on the car and the duration of hire. Short-term car rental packages also include various benefits that longer-term leasers enjoy such as theft protection, 24-hour breakdown assistance and collision damage waiver. These are especially popular amongst families as cars can be driven into Malaysia as well – perfect for a weekend road trip!
If you’re in Singapore temporarily or require a car only for a short period of time, monthly car rental is a good choice. It’s also great for families and businesses that are keen to try out renting before committing to a long-term lease.
You can take your pick of Avis’s rental fleet – with cars that are less than five years old – through Avis Flex; then you won’t be tied down to a long leasing contract, but rather have the option to extend your lease on a monthly basis. Prices range from $1,500 onwards, depending on the car and duration of hire.
- Pick from a wide fleet of quality, low mileage and well-maintained vehicles.
- Replacement vehicle when rental car is undergoing servicing or maintenance.
- No maintenance costs (all covered in price!)
- No price depreciation, capital outlay or residual value risk.
- Lower excesses.
- More comprehensive insurance coverages.
- Free Malaysia entry (no surcharges).
- More affordable rates.
Avis’s entire rental fleet offers used cars with the exception of long-term lease customers who have the option to choose between used and new cars.
New car lease
If you choose to lease a brand new car, you’ll be able to choose the make and model of your vehicle.
Used car lease
Working on a tight budget? That doesn’t mean that renting a car is out of the question. If you opt for a used car rather than a brand new one, it’s a more affordable alternative. Avis offers a fleet of pre-leased cars for hire, featuring lower monthly payments compared to new car rentals. Despite the lower cost, drivers are still able to enjoy various services as part of the package.
Benefits (Both used and new cars):
- Insurance, road tax, servicing and maintenance are all taken care of.
- Complimentary replacement vehicle during vehicle servicing.
- Complimentary 24-hours breakdown assistance in Singapore and Malaysia.
- Unlimited mileage and unrestricted access into Malaysia.
- Pick from an extensive range of economical and premium vehicles to fit your budget.
- Assistance of a dedicated Avis car leasing account manager
- Worldwide Avis car rental discounts (handy when travelling or holidays back home!).
- Driving conveniences such as GPS, DVD players and child seats.
Hear from two happy customers
“Had the pleasure of working with Fadil during my selection and contracting process at Avis Singapore. He is knowledgeable and easy to work with, as have been the other staff. The front desk staff is efficient, the service staff handled my flat tyre quickly and the accounting staff are helpful and attentive.” – Jeff Miller
“My wife was involved in an accident while driving an Avis vehicle. The crash left her shocked and disoriented as I was overseas on business at the time. I contacted Ron Lee, and he and his team jumped into action. He sent someone to check on my wife to make sure she was okay and also drove to pick my son up from school. I’ve never come across such good customer service; they kept me updated and we didn’t have to worry about getting a replacement vehicle – they even saw that our child seat was returned to us.” – Gregory