– Jetstar Asia (jetstar.com) has increased its Singapore-Penang service to twice daily after launching four additional weekly flights.
– Malaysia Airlines (malaysiaairlines.com) has restarted its Kuala Lumpur-Darwin service (five times weekly) and is planning further APAC expansion.
– A proposed joint venture airline between Tata Sons Ltd and Singapore Airlines is likely to begin operations early in 2015, based out of New Delhi.
– In other SIA news (singaporeair.com), the company’s second quarter operating profit for 2013-14 was S$87 million (US$70 million), up by 24.3 percent year-on-year.
– Taiwan-based China Airlines (china-airlines.com) is starting a budget service through a partnership with Tigerair. The Singaporean carrier will take a 10 percent stake in the venture.
– A 31-percent rise in passenger numbers is expected between now and 2017, up to 3.9 billion. And one third of the new passengers will be in the Asia-Pacific region.