It might not be the first thing that comes to mind after a busy week in the city, but renting a boat in Singapore is surprisingly accessible. Getting a bunch of pals together and throwing a party on board is one cracking (and affordable) way to spend a Saturday afternoon, weaving through the ships and enjoying Sentosa’s fireworks as the sun comes down. There are also companies that whisk you away from Singapore and around other islands for a few days – imagine jumping aboard on a Friday evening and waking up off the coast of Thailand on Saturday morning. Fancy that? Thought you might – check out our shortlist of rental companies below and what to expect in terms of crews, catering, equipment and more.
– Choose from over 25 yachts – from cruisers suitable for small group gatherings (starting from $559) to luxury yachts for corporate events (up to 50 people)
– Compare prices and check yacht availability online. Instant booking available for selected yachts.
– Secured online credit card payment.
– Speak to customer service officers directly on the website’s live chat.
– Offers BBQ and cooked food catering services.
57 Mohamed Sultan Road, Sultan Link #01-05, 238997
– One of the more affordable rental companies – i.e. a 10 person half-day weekend cruise would set you back $990
– Yachts with sails available
– Heaps of boats and route options
– Family trips from $220
– Heaps of options when it comes to water sports, with diving trips to Tioman from $650
Boat Bookings Online
– All sorts of yachts available to charter for various purposes
– Kicks off with a $1700 flat fee per day, which includes a full crew and fuel
– Day trips, weekends or longer holidays
1 Kim Seng Promenade, #09-03 Great World City East Tower, 237994
– Yachts for different numbers of folk, from 8 – 45 people
– A few decent corporate packages, including champagne cruises and island hopping
– Boating trips to Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand
– Variety of catering options
152 Beach Road, #27-01 The Gateway East, 189721
– Five different yachts of varying sizes with different dining options
– Full crew, plus posh stewards included
– Specialise in trips to Lazarus (near Sentosa), and also sail to Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand
One15 Luxury Yachting
11 Cove Drive #01-01, Sentosa Cove, 098497
– Has an extensive fleet of more than 40 yachts to charter
– Shorter trips around Singapore, plus longer voyages around Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand
– All-inclusive holidays possible
– The fleet complete with everything from classic fishing boats to luxurious superyachts
Want to boat trip further afield read this!
For more helpful tips on living in Singapore
Get the latest events, stories and special offers
sent to your inbox.
By signing up, you'll receive our weekly newsletters and offers, which you can unsubscribe to anytime.