It might not be the first thing that comes to mind after a busy week in the city, but renting a boat in Singapore is surprisingly accessible. Getting a bunch of pals together and throwing a party on board is one cracking (and affordable) way to spend a Saturday afternoon, weaving through the ships and enjoying Sentosa’s fireworks as the sun comes down. There are also companies that whisk you away from Singapore and around other islands for a few days – imagine jumping aboard on a Friday evening and waking up off the coast of Thailand on Saturday morning. Fancy that? Thought you might – check out our shortlist of rental companies below and what to expect in terms of crews, catering, equipment and more.
– Choose from over 25 yachts – from cruisers suitable for small group gatherings (starting from $559) to luxury yachts for corporate events (up to 50 people)
– Compare prices and check yacht availability online. Instant booking available for selected yachts.
– Secured online credit card payment.
– Speak to customer service officers directly on the website’s live chat.
– Offers BBQ and cooked food catering services.
57 Mohamed Sultan Road, Sultan Link #01-05, 238997
– One of the more affordable rental companies – i.e. a 10 person half-day weekend cruise would set you back $990
– Yachts with sails available
– Heaps of boats and route options
– Family trips from $220
– Heaps of options when it comes to water sports, with diving trips to Tioman from $650
Boat Bookings Online
– All sorts of yachts available to charter for various purposes
– Kicks off with a $1700 flat fee per day, which includes a full crew and fuel
– Day trips, weekends or longer holidays
1 Kim Seng Promenade, #09-03 Great World City East Tower, 237994
– Yachts for different numbers of folk, from 8 – 45 people
– A few decent corporate packages, including champagne cruises and island hopping
– Boating trips to Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand
– Variety of catering options
152 Beach Road, #27-01 The Gateway East, 189721
– Five different yachts of varying sizes with different dining options
– Full crew, plus posh stewards included
– Specialise in trips to Lazarus (near Sentosa), and also sail to Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand
One15 Luxury Yachting
11 Cove Drive #01-01, Sentosa Cove, 098497
– Has an extensive fleet of more than 40 yachts to charter
– Shorter trips around Singapore, plus longer voyages around Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand
– All-inclusive holidays possible
– The fleet complete with everything from classic fishing boats to luxurious superyachts
Want to boat trip further afield read this!
For more helpful tips on living in Singapore