Add a dash of fancy to your ordinary afternoon cup of tea with these sweet and simple bites…
Blueberry and Banana Bread with Coconut Lemon Curd
Ingredients for bread
• 3/4 cup self-raising flour
• 1 cup wholemeal flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 2/3 cup brown sugar
• 2 ripe bananas
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1/4 cup natural yoghurt
• 1/3 cup coconut oil
• 1 punnet blueberries
Ingredients for coconut lemon curd
• 1/4 cup honey
• Zest of 1 lemon
• 1/2 cup lemon juice
• 6 tbsp coconut oil
• 3 eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
2. Grease a bread tin with coconut oil.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients together.
4. Mash banana and eggs in a bowl, then add milk, yoghurt and oil.
5. Add the dry ingredients and mix well, then add blueberries and mix through lightly.
6. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes (or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean).
7. While the bread is baking, put all the curd ingredients into a saucepan and whisk over a medium heat. Mix until the curd thickens and starts to bubble.
8. Remove the curd from the heat and strain. Refrigerate to set and thicken.
9. Serve the bread warm, spread with lemon curd.
Grape and Ricotta Bites
• Baguette, sliced into bite-sized pieces
• A bunch of red seedless grapes, halved
• 1 tbsp good quality olive oil
• 4 sprigs of thyme
• Salt and pepper
• 1/2 cup of ricotta
1. Mix grapes, chopped thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Refrigerate.
2. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
3. Place the baguette sliced on a baking sheet and bake in the oven until crispy on top.
4. Spread the ricotta on the toasted bread and top with a spoonful of the grape mix.
5. Return the baking sheet to the oven for around 10 minutes or until the grapes are soft. Serve warm.
These recipes are courtesy of Terri-Anne Leske, a mum of two with another due to arrive any day now. Originally from Melbourne, she’s been in Singapore for three years and enjoys cooking, entertaining and creating her own recipes, which she shares on her blog, Carrotsticks and Cravings.